Sharad Navratri 2023: Day 7 of Goddess Kaalratri
Navratri remains one of the most important festivals in the Hindu faith. The nine days of Navratri hold a great significance and have a profound spiritual dimension attached to them. The 7th day of Shardiya or Sharad Navratri 2023 will be observed on the 21st of October. Goddess Maa Kaalratri is worshipped on the 7th day of Navratri. Saptami Puja of Devi Kaalratri is considered as Maha Puja and it holds a great significance since Maa Kaalratri is the most fierce form of Goddess Durga. Worshipping Her destroys all sorrows and negative impacts from one’s life.
The Appearance of Goddess Kaalratri
She is considered the most fierce of all the forms of Maa Durga. She is considered to have a dark black complexion. She rides a donkey and looks extremely fearful. The Goddess has 4 hands, two of which stay in Abhaya and Varada Mudra, and the other two hands carry a sword and another celestial weapon. She wears a garland of lightning. She is also known as ‘Shubhankari’ because Her ‘Darshan’ to Her devotees is extremely auspicious and wards off every single problem that they are facing in life.
Date of the 7th Day of Navratri 2023: 21st October 2023
The 7th day of Navratri 2023 will fall on the 21st of October. Goddess Kaalratri is considered as the deadly night of destruction for demons & evil forces. She blesses Her devotees with Her protection and fearlessness. The image of Goddess Kaalratri is extremely fierce but She is a protective form of the Mother Divine Who is always ready to safeguard Her devotees.
Significance of Goddess Kaalratri Puja
- The 7th day of Navratri is dedicated to Maa Kaalratri.
- She is worshipped to gain courage and to face any difficult situation in life.
- She protects Her devotees from all evil.
- She creates solutions to the problems and wards off all the negativity from the lives of Her devotees.
- She blesses Her devotees with courage and strengthens their self-confidence.
- Maa Kaalratri rules over planet Saturn or ‘Shani’ and helps Her devotees overcome all obstacles that are a result of their negative karmas from past lifetimes.
- She punishes evil and rewards the good deeds of Her devotees.
- Sincerity is the foremost thing that is required to worship Maa Kaalratri. She is worshipped to remove the malefic effects of Shani’s troubling ‘Sade Sati’ period.
Maa Kaalratri Puja Vidhi
Performing Maa Kaalratri Puja with the proper procedures will enhance prosperity in one’s life and bestow him/her with courage and strength. Following is the Puja procedure or Vidhi that one can follow:
- The idol must be bathed with the help of milk, curd, sugar, and honey. Paan and Supari should also be offered to the Goddess.
- If you do not have the idol of Maa Kaalratri then you could have Her picture and simply start by offering Paan & Supari.
- Offering flowers, Roli, Akshat, and Sandalwood to Maa Kaalratri will enhance the results of the Puja.
- Night-blooming Jasmines are the flowers that are most preferred while performing Maa Kaalratri Puja.
- Now, the tilak must be applied to the idol or picture of Goddess Kaalratri.
- The next step is invoking Maa Kaalratri by chanting Her mantra.
- The Bhog of kheer must be ready well in-advance in order to invoke blessings from the Goddess.
- The mantra that must be recited while performing the Puja to get the best results is: ॐ देवी कालरात्र्यै नमः॥
Benefits of Worshipping Maa Kaalratri
Following are the benefits of worshipping Maa Kaalratri:
- The seventh day of Navratri has a great significance for Tantra Sadhana of Tantra Vidya.
- Recitation of Kaalratri Mantra can remove all fears from the heart of the devotee and make him/her bold and self-confident.
- The problems related to planetary afflictions, particularly that of planet Shani or Saturn, can be successfully removed by worshipping Maa Kaalratri.
- Securing Maa Kaalratri’s blessings makes a person emerge victorious over all enemies, both open as well as hidden.
These 9 days are considered highly auspicious during which the devotees worship the different forms of Maa Durga. We highly recommend you to book a Navratri Puja from Indian Astrology for getting blessed by the Mother Almighty!
Navratri Pujas to Seek Maa Durga’s Blessings
There are many pujas (Vedic worship rituals) mentioned in the holy Hindu scriptures to please all forms of Maa Durga also known as Nav Durga. These pujas are extremely powerful rituals that open up the doorway to Devi’s grace & blessings in the life of a devotee.
One such puja which is widely opted for by the devotees is the Navratri Maha Hawan & Kanya Pujan.
Now, performing Navratri Pujas (including the Navratri Maha Hawan & Kanya Pujan) strictly in-accordance with all the Vedic rules & rituals on your own would not be easy for most of the people. Therefore, ‘Indian Astrology’ offers you the opportunity to book any or all of the Navratri Pujas that it offers.
The pujas will be performed in your name by a highly learned Brahmin priest while following all the Vedic rules & rituals. Furthermore, you will be provided with the video recording of the puja that would be performed on your behalf.
So what are you waiting for?
Get the immensely auspicious blessings of all the forms of Goddess Durga and steer your life towards success, joy, bliss and prosperity!
Indian Astrology wishes you and your family a Happy Navratri!