Sharad Navratri 2023: Day 6 of Goddess Katyayani
Sharad or Shardiya Navratri is a 9 day-long festival and is considered as one of the most important festivals in the Hindu faith. Navratri worships the different forms of Goddess Durga or Maa Durga. The various forms of Maa Durga are considered as the epitome of power and are known to bless devotees with bliss, protection and prosperity, to name a few.
This festival is celebrated in different ways in different parts of the country, according to regional traditions. In some parts of the country, music and dance are performed as a means of celebration. As a tradition in the India n state of Gujarat, a celebratory dance called Dandiya or Garba is performed all night. Garba is basically a devotional dance which is derived from the folklore of Lord Krishna.
Date of the 6th Day of Navratri 2023: 20th October 2023
The 6th day of Navratri is dedicated to Goddess (Maa) Katyayani. As per the holy Hindu scriptures, Maa Katyayani is worshipped on the 6th day of Navratri. It is said that Goddess Parvati took the form of Goddess Katyayani to kill the demon Mahishasura. Maa Katyayani appears as a warrior. This auspicious day will be observed on 20th October 2023. As per the holy Hindu scriptures, the Goddess got this name because She was born to Sage Katyayan.
The Appearance of Goddess Katyayani
Goddess Katyayani was born to end the sins being committed by the demons and asuras. She is considered as a born warrior and is considered to have a resplendent form having four hands, and as refulgent as a thousand suns. She holds a sword and a lotus. It is said that the gods gifted Her with various weapons to kill Mahishasura. It included a trident from Shiva, Sudarshana Chakra from Vishnu, etc. She is also portrayed riding a lion.
Significance of Maa Katyayani Puja
- Worshipping Goddess Katyayani, helps Her devotees to become free of all hurdles and obstacles in their lives.
- The relationship between life partners becomes blissful & harmonious with the blessings of Maa Katyayani.
- Worshipping Her provides relief from all the sorrows and problems.
- A person who worships Maa Katyayani with a devout heart is blessed with a beautiful appearance.
- Devotees of Maa Katyayani emerge victorious over all their enemies.
One can Book Online Navratri Puja from Indian Astrology to obtain the immensely auspicious blessings from Goddess Katyayani for leading a healthy and prosperous life.
Maa Katyayani Puja Vidhi
This Puja Vidhi must be performed on the 6th day of Navratri. Following this proper Puja Vidhi, would bring a lot of improvement in people’s life and help them obtain the blessings of Goddess Katyayani.
- This Puja must be performed by wearing either red or yellow clothes.
- The lamp must be lit in front of the picture or idol of Goddess Katyayani.
- Offering honey and yellow flowers would be really auspicious for a person.
- The next thing is to offer some turmeric powder in front of the idol of Goddess Katyayani.
- Following this proper Puja Vidhi, devotees will be blessed abundantly to reach new heights in life.
Benefits of Worshipping Maa Katyayani
Following are few of the benefits of worshipping Maa Katyayani:
- Maa Katyayani is known to bless every individual with good health, wealth, and fame.
- By worshipping Maa Katyayani, one gets the strength and courage to fight all adversaries & enemies in life as well as emerge victorious over them.
- Maa Katyayani’s blessings ward off diseases, sorrows, and fears from life.
- The sins that one accumulates over various lives, can be eliminated by worshipping Maa Katyayani with a devout heart.
Following is the mantra that must be recited in order to obtain blessings from Goddess Katyayani:
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ कात्यायनी रूपेण संस्थिता
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः॥
These 9 days are considered highly auspicious during which the devotees worship the different forms of Maa Durga. We highly recommend you to book a Navratri Puja from Indian Astrology for getting blessed by the Mother Almighty!
Navratri Pujas to Seek Maa Durga’s Blessings
There are many pujas (Vedic worship rituals) mentioned in the holy Hindu scriptures to please all forms of Maa Durga also known as Nav Durga. These pujas are extremely powerful rituals that open up the doorway to Devi’s grace & blessings in the life of a devotee.
One such puja which is widely opted for by the devotees is the 9 Day Durga Saptashati Path.
Now, performing Navratri Pujas (including the 9 Day Durga Saptashati Path) strictly in-accordance with all the Vedic rules & rituals on your own would not be easy for most of the people. Therefore, ‘Indian Astrology’ offers you the opportunity to book any or all of the Navratri Pujas that it offers.
The pujas will be performed in your name by a highly learned Brahmin priest while following all the Vedic rules & rituals. Furthermore, you will be provided with the video recording of the puja that would be performed on your behalf.
So what are you waiting for?
Get the immensely auspicious blessings of all the forms of Goddess Durga and steer your life towards success, joy, bliss and prosperity!
Indian Astrology wishes you and your family a Happy Navratri!