Sharad Navratri 2023: Day 4 of Goddess Kushmanda
The Sharad or Shardiya Navratri is a major festival celebrated in the Hindu faith, which is held in the honor of Goddess Durga. Navratri basically means nine nights, and Sharad Navratri comes in the month of Ashwin as per the Hindu Lunar Calendar. The fourth day of Navratri belongs to Goddess (Maa) Kushmanda. She rules the heart chakra. She is considered the creator of the universe.
The Appearance of Goddess Kushmanda
Maa Kushmanda has eight hands in which She holds bow, arrow, a jar of nectar, ‘kamandal’, discus, mace, lotus along with a rosary with which She blesses Her devotees. Because of the eight hands that She has, She is also known as Ashthabhuji. She is considered to have a radiant face and golden body complexion.
Date of the 4th day of Navratri 2023: 18th October 2023
The 4th day of Navratri 2023 falls on the 18th of October 2023. Sun is believed to be directed by Maa Kushmanda. Thus, it is believed that worshipping Maa Kushmanda will help to reduce the ill and malefic effect of an ill-placed planet Sun (if that is the case with someone as per his/her horoscope). With the help of proper Navratri Puja by Brahmin priests and with the correct Puja Vidhi, one can attain countless blessings that help him/her to attain heights in life.
The Story Behind the 4th day of Navratri
When the universe was non-existent, Maa Kushmanda produced a “little cosmic egg” with her smile. Because of this, the universe was then filled with light and it is also believed that She is the source of all the energy in the universe. It is further believed that She resides in the core of the Sun and thus it is considered that She provides energy to all the living beings. She is known as the ultimate energy and worshipping Her removes the negative and malefic impacts of an ill-placed Sun in the horoscope.
The colour Orange is dedicated to Goddess Kushmanda and it represents brightness, happiness, energy, creativity, and enthusiasm and it is a great tool for seeking blessings from Maa Kushmanda.
Significance of Maa Kushmanda Puja
- Navratri is celebrated to cherish & worship all forms of Goddess Durga on each day of the nine days that are dedicated to one specific form of the Goddess. Maa Kushmanda is worshipped to attain health, wealth, and happiness in life.
- The Vedic scriptures reveal that Maa Kushmanda gives direction and energy to the God of light- Sun. If one is afflicted by the malefic effects of Sun as per his/her Horoscope, then one should worship Maa Kushmanda to negate such malefic effects.
- With the blessings bestowed by Maa Kushmanda, the individual is relieved from all diseases and ailments.
- Maa Kushmanda’s blessings also help a person to attain name & fame in society.
- She represents Anahata Chakra or the heart chakra in the yogic form of meditation.
Maa Kushmanda Puja Vidhi
Following is the Vidhi (procedure) for performing the Puja of Maa Kushmanda:
- Bathe the idol of Maa Kushmanda by using milk, curd, sugar, and honey. Also offer paan, supari and green cardamom to the Goddess.
- The next thing in this Vidhi is to offer Saree and Bangles to Maa Kushmanda.
- Using red-colored asana at the time of performing the Puja is considered really auspicious.
- The next thing is offering red-colored flowers to Maa Kushmanda.
- Now, worship Her with a devout heart and seek Her blessings in order to lead a pious life with abundant wealth and sound health.
- After this, you can offer ‘bhog’ of fruits to the Goddess and then distribute Prasad to other members of the family.
- One should always eat Satvik bhojan during the time of Navratri.
Benefits of worshipping Maa Kushmanda
Following are some of the many benefits of worshipping Maa Kushmanda:
- Worshipping Maa Kushmanda is really beneficial for an individual to eradicate all difficulties and problems from one’s life.
- The problem of lack of concentration is easily solved with the blessings of Maa Kushmanda.
- She blesses Her followers with health, wealth & contentment.
Mantra for the 4th Day of Navratri
This mantra to please Maa Kushmanda should be recited at the time of the Puja by the devotees to seek the blessings of the Goddess.
"Om Devi Kushmandayai Namah"
These 9 days are considered highly auspicious during which the devotees worship the different forms of Maa Durga. We highly recommend you to book a Navratri Puja from Indian Astrology for getting blessed by the Mother Almighty!
Navratri Pujas to Seek Maa Durga’s Blessings
There are many pujas (Vedic worship rituals) mentioned in the holy Hindu scriptures to please all forms of Maa Durga also known as Nav Durga. These pujas are extremely powerful rituals that open up the doorway to Devi’s grace & blessings in the life of a devotee.
One such puja which is widely opted for by the devotees is the 9 Day Durga Saptashati Path.
Now, performing Navratri Pujas (including the 9 Day Durga Saptashati Path) strictly in-accordance with all the Vedic rules & rituals on your own would not be easy for most of the people. Therefore, ‘Indian Astrology’ offers you the opportunity to book any or all of the Navratri Pujas that it offers.
The pujas will be performed in your name by a highly learned Brahmin priest while following all the Vedic rules & rituals. Furthermore, you will be provided with the video recording of the puja that would be performed on your behalf.
So what are you waiting for?
Get the immensely auspicious blessings of all the forms of Goddess Durga and steer your life towards success, joy, bliss and prosperity!
Indian Astrology wishes you and your family a Happy Navratri!