Nadi Dosha and its Remedies
In India whenever it comes to marriage, a common practice of consulting an astrologer for Kundali Matching of the prospective bride and groom is followed. It is prevalent in almost all corners of India and is done mainly to check the compatibility of the couple for a happy married life.
In matching the horoscopes, Ashtakoota Milan is done which is an elaborate segregation of the matching process under 8 heads. Each head or test has been given a particular score which the native has to secure. The horoscopes need to satisfy specific conditions as laid down under each of them to obtain the points so specified.
The aggregate of these scores add upto 36 gunas based on which a marriage is rated compatible or incompatible considering the score so acquired. For a happy or satisfactory marriage, obtaining at least 18 out of 36 is desirable. Higher the score better is the compatibility.
However, there are many kundali milan softwares available online. But doing the same may prove dubious at times as Kundali Milan is such a detailed process that if done with just a click of a button without giving due attention to other relative yet vital factors may turn this auspicious decision into shatters. So, kundali Milan should be done by an expert astrologer who may check all possible pros and cons related with the horoscopes.
Why is it important to match kundalis?
In Vedic astrology, Ashtakuta Milan is conducted under the heads of Varna, Vasya, Tara, Yoni, Graha Maitri, Gana, Bhakuta and Nadi. The points obtained under each test tells whether one should go for the marriage so proposed or deny in purview of less points and its possible misfortunes associated with very low score. However, there are cases when marriages go really well despite of no or less matching of gunas. Similarly, the cases of marriage failure in spite of the high score in Milan are also a common sight.
This is where the role of astrologers comes! One should consult the best astrologer to gain deep insight of each and every aspect related to marriage. As everything ranging from yogas, transit, dasha and other good and bad combinations etc. matter in predicting the fate of a marriage.
More often auspicious combinations in one chart nullify the inauspiciousness in the other which further necessitates a consultation with an experienced astrologer. With technological advancements made so far, one can also get an online kundali made by the trusted astrologers giving a detailed explanation about the married life recorded in a form of a marriage report.
Here in this article we will particularly talk about an important aspect of Ashtkoota Milan i.e. the Nadi Dosha and its repercussions.
What is Nadi?
Nadi represents your birth nakshatra means the nakshatra in which your moon is placed. There are 27 nakshatras in Vedic astrology and these have been divided into 3 groups containing 9 nakshatras in each group. Now, presence of the moon in any of these 3 groups of nakshatra will finally decide as to which nadi a person belongs to. Each category is given a name and as already mentioned 9 nakshatras come under each category, the description is as follows:
- Adya nadi- Jyestha, Moola, Ardra, Punavasu, Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Shatabhisha, Purva Bhadra and Ashwini
- Madhya nadi- Pushya, Mrigashira, Chitra, Anuradha, Bharani, Ghanishtha, purvashadha, purva phalguni and uttara bhadrapada
- Antya nadi- Swati, Vishakha, Kritika, Rohini, Ashlesha, Magha, Uttarashada, Shravan and Revathi
Matching of Nadi:
A simple rule is followed in matching of Nadis of the prospective bride and groom. The rule is that both of them should have different Nadis and should not belong to the same category of Nadi. For example if bride belongs to Adya nadi, the groom should have either of the Madhya and Antya nadi and vice versa.
If this condition is matched they are given 8 points and in case of same nadis zero points are given. This test is necessary as if failed it may give rise to lack of cohesion in the bride and groom and also the chances of separation are there.
The conditions under which Nadi Dosha occurs -
While analysing the horoscopes of the natives for marriage prospects, if the nakshatras of both of the natives fall under the same group, then nadi dosha is said to be present in the horoscopes. In that case marriage is not considered auspicious fearing a state of isolation of either of them later in life.
The effects of different categories:
- There are chances of separation or divorce if both of them belong to Adya Nadi.
- Fear of death if both of them come under Madhya Nadi
- If both of them have Antya Nadi then it may cause grief. In fact the health of the children of such natives may also suffer.
Exemptions to the Nadi Dosha:
- If the birth nakshatras of the bride and groom are same, but at the same time nakshatras differ in their phases i.e. charan or pada, then this dosha gets nullified.
- If both of them have same zodiac signs or ascendant, but their birth constellation is different, then also the Nadi Dosha becomes invalid.
- Similarly if the birth nakshatras are same, but they both have dissimilar zodiac signs, then also the dosha is cancelled.
- If strong Venus, Jupiter or Mercury are the Lagna Lord then also this Dosha reduces to a large extent.
Remedial measures for Nadi Dosha:
Sometimes it is not possible to refuse a marriage proposal and in many cases the dosha is detected after a couple of years of marriage. In Love marriage proposals or where the marriage proceedings have been taken so further that it is almost impossible to cancel the marriage, some astrological remedial measures have to be resorted in order to cancel the ill effects of Nadi Dosha.
- An astrological text “Piyush Dhara” talks about making a gold snake and worshipping it with due reverence, help of a priest can also be taken for the same. Mahamrityunjaya Mantra should be recited and after this one should donate gold, clothes or grains as per his capability.
- The worship of Lord Shiva and chanting of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra removes all kinds of obstacles and miseries of life.
- On wedding anniversary, grains equal in body weight can be donated and one should also feed and donate clothes to the Brahmins.
- If the dasha of Markesh is running in any of the couple’s horoscope then the same person must do remedies or worship Dashanath till the end of Dashakal or dasha period.
Before getting married, the horoscope should be thoroughly analyzed by an expert astrologer. Since this major event of everyone’s life certainly has the capability to change one’s fate, marriage decision should not be taken in a haphazard manner.
Rather, it is only after a careful checking of all marriage related aspects that a decision to marry a person or not should be made. Moreover other factors like longevity of marriage, compatibility between the life partners, their respective relations with their in- laws, their financial and health conditions, the status of their off springs etc can’t be avoided either. This mandates to consult the best astrologer in Delhi to avoid any kind of future turmoil.
Join Vedic Astrology Course