Identifying Nadi Dosha- The Biggest Virtue of a Happy Married Life!
We often hear our parents and elderly saying No to a marriage proposal based on Nadi dosha. Nadi dosha takes the front seat when matching kundlis for marriage. Any couple with the presence of Nadi dosha in their kundli is generally not permitted to marry by their parents. Nadi Dosha is considered dreadful and is believed to bring suffering, arguments, and problems in childbirth. In this article, we will try to understand what exactly the nadi dosha is and how it spoils the bliss of married life most simply.
Nadi dosha - an integral part of Ashtkoota Milan
First, it is important to understand that Nadi Dosha is computed as an integral part of popular ashtkoota Milan in Vedic Astrology. It is just a part of the eight heads mentioned under ashtkoota Milan to check the compatibility of the couple going to marry. Ashtkoota Milan is done on a scale of 36 points, and Nadi Koota alone is given the maximum 8 points out of these 36 points. By consuming the largest share of the crucial points, Nadi Dosha marks its prominence in kundli matching. If Nadi dosha occurs in a kundli milan, the marriage is generally not permitted since it is considered a No Match!
Understand the term- “Nadi”
The term Nadi originates from Sanskrit terminology, which means a nerve. The ancient science of Ayurveda mentions Nadi as a channel which Prana, or 'the life force,' passes through. Nadi also means the pulse, which also carries the life force called prana, according to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda deals with the study of Nadi and its related health concerns. It is also a Vedic branch, just like Astrology. Ayurveda mentions three types of Nadi each demonstrating a specific set of elements. Nadis are combinations of 5 Tattvas or elements called the Pancha Mahabhutas. These 3 types of nadis are:
- Aadi Nadi
- Madhya Nadi
- Antya Nadi
Aadi Nadi, if translated in simple terms depicts the first and foremost Nadi, Madhya means in the Middle and Antya means the End. The Aadi, Madhya, and Antya Nadi are computed based on an individual’s birth star or Nakshatra. Different Nadis come under the rule of different Nakshatras.
Aadi Nadi (Kapha)
Aadi Nadi or Kapha Nadi is the first of all three Nadi. Aadi nadi is related to Krittika, Rohini, Magha, Ashlesha, Swati, Vishakha, Shravana, Uttara Ashadha, and Revati Nakshatra. It has a prominence of Earth and Water elements.
Madhya Nadi (Pitta)
Madhya or Pitta Nadi is the second nadi related to Bharani, Pushya, Uttara Bhadrapada, Mrigashirsha, Chitra, Anuradha, Dhanishta, Purva Ashadha, and Purva Phalguni Nakshatra. It has the prominence of fire and water elements.
Antya Nadi (Vata)
Antya Nadi or Vata Nadi is the last and relates to Ashwini, Punarvasu, Ardra, Uttara Phalguni, Jyeshta, Hasta, Mula, Purva Bhadrapada, and Shatabhisha Nakshatra. It is prominent in air and ether elements. One may talk with astrologer or an Ayurveda expert to know your nadi specifications in detail.
What exactly is Nadi matching and Nadi Dosha?
Nadi Dosha is said to occur when the Nadi of both the partners is the same. According to Vedic astrology, Nadi Milan confirms psychological and physical compatibility between couples. Nadi dosha is taken seriously by the best astrologers and Vedic gurus. It is considered to bring various miseries and dissatisfaction in married life.
What complications can be expected from the same Nadi of the couple?
Matching Nadi involves matching the Nadis of the boy with that of the girl to achieve the most harmonious balance of natural elements in their sexual union after marriage. We already know that each Nadi comprises two natural elements ranging from fire, earth, water, air, and ether. Nadi matching checks the physical and physiological compatibility between the partners. The best astrologer calls it matching of nature of Prakriti of the prospective couple to be maintained through Nadi matching. It matches the natural constitutions of the couple.
Now, think of an example where both the bride and the groom have the same Nadi. What will happen? There would be an excess of few natural elements while a complete absence of other elements in their offspring, which is undesirable. For a human body, all five elements are required when there is an absence of any of these. How can you imagine a perfect body? This explains the importance of matching nadi before tying knots with your partner. Now, we may imagine how much imbalance a Nadi dosha in kundli can create at the physiological level of a married couple. Nadi dosha occurs when zero points are attained in Nadi matching, and the couple can either score full points or no points.
The condition for nadi dosha to occur in kundli milan
When both the boy and the girl have the same Nadi (Aadi, Madhya, or Antya Nadi), they score zero points for Nadi matching. So, when there is No point in nadi matching, Nadi dosha occurs in a kundli matching.
What can the couple expect from Nadi dosha?
- Lack of intimacy and attraction between them
- Bad health
- Problems in progeny and childbirth
- Infertility, mental or physical disabilities in their offspring
- Chances of major accidents, severe injuries, and surgeries
Can Nadi dosha be canceled?
An Astrology course teaches that nothing gets canceled, and we get good results from another auspicious yoga super ceding the ill effects of negative yoga. So, the cancellation of Nadi dosha may happen, and it depends upon how strong exceptions of this dosha are present in your kundli Milan. Let’s look at the exceptions of Nadi dosha, which may result in the cancellation of Nadi dosha in matching kundli.
- The girl and the boy may have the same Rashi but different Nakshatra. In this case, Nadi Dosha is canceled. But it has to be seen that the birth nakshatra of the boy comes before the birth nakshatra of the girl in the sequence of 27 nakshatras.
- Similarly, if the couple has the same nakshatra but different Rashi, the nadi dosha also stands nullified. Here also, the moon sign of the boy should come before the moon sign of the girl.
- Thirdly, the prospective bride and groom may belong to the same Nakshatra but fall in different padas or quarters of that Nakshatra; in this case, also, the Nadi dosha is not effective.
- Certain nakshatras have been exempted from Nadi dosha. These are- Rohini, Magha, Ardra, Hasta, Shravana, Vishakha, Uttara Bhadrapada, Ashwini, Revati, Krittika, Punarvasu, Pushya, Mrigashirsha, Purva Phalguni, Uttara Phalguni, Anuradha, Purva Ashadha, Chitra and Uttara Ashadha. An important thing to remember is that any of these exempted nakshatras should not fall in the same quarter of pada of the nakshatra.
- Exempted pairs of Nakshatras for Nadi dosha-
- Rohini and Purva Bhadrapada
- Ashwini and Punarvasu
- Swati and Uttara Ashadha
Remedies for Nadi Dosha
It is easy to save yourself from the ill effects of Nadi dosha if you have the option of saying no to a marriage proposal. But for those who are already married or those who are heading for love marriage or for other reasons where denial of marriage is not possible. The natives may perform the following remedies to remove the ill effects of the Nadi dosha from their lives.
- Lord Shiva is known to remove all kinds of miseries in life. Recite Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra for removing the ill effects of Nadi dosha from your married life. Chanting this Japa with great faith is a fruitful remedy.
- One may also do Nadi Dosha Nivaran Puja under the guidance of an experienced priest.
- Any dosha or bad planets placements result from our past sins or bad karmas. Thus, one should adopt a righteous path in this life to remove or at least weaken the ill impact of nadi dosha on your married life. Making donations and helping needy people is one of the most effective remedies to alleviate dosha in your kundli.
- You may also donate seven cereals or sat anaaj equal to your body weight on your anniversary and birthday to remove the bad effects.
- Kumbh vivah, or marrying Vishnu idol, is another powerful astrological remedy for Nadi Dosha to be done before marriage.