Shardiya Navratri 2019: Day 3 of Maa Chandraghanta
Indian Astrology | 10-Sep-2019 Views: 10579
According to Hindu scriptures, the 3rd day of Navratri 2019 is devoted to Goddess Chandraghanta, the one who carries Trishul, Gada, sword, and Kamandal in her four left hands. Maa Chandraghanta wears a crescent moon on the forehead and this gives her the name Chandraghanta. The word ‘Chandra’ in Sanskrit means Moon. Maa Chandraghanta represents the calm and soft side of Ma Gauri.
The Goddess signifies knowledge and it is believed that anyone who will worship the Goddess will get blessed with success, prosperity, and peace. Her blessings eradicate all the negative energies from the environment and spread a positive aura all around. She rides a lion, has ten arms, three eyes and holds three weapons in her hands which symbolizes bravery and strength.
For continuous nine days, devotees wake up early in the morning and pray to the different Swaroops of Goddess Durga with some offerings. Many devotees also observe fasts and eat a proper vegetarian diet and even avoid consuming onion and garlic. The 3rd form of Goddess Durga is Maa Chandraghanta (or Chandra-Khanda). She is worshipped on the 3rd day of the Navratri by all the worshippers. According to scriptures, she is fierce, rides on a tiger, and is armed with different weapons.
3rd day of Navratri 2019: 1st October 2019.
The story behind the 3rd day of the Navratri
According to Hindu Scriptures, when Sati immolated herself, Lord Shiva detached himself for all the worldly pleasures and observed deep penance. When Ma Parvati took a rebirth, she was born in the family of the ‘King of Mountains’. Ma Parvati was determined again to marry Lord Shiva and for that, she observed penance for thousands of years. Lord Shiva finally agreed to marry Ma Parvati and on their day of marriage Lord Shiva arrived at the palace of the ‘King of Mountains’ in the most strange way. His neck was wrapped with snakes and his body was covered with ashes. He brought the strangest marriage procession along with him and they consisted of the group of Aghoris, Sages, Ghosts, Goblins, etc. After seeing Lord Shiva’s guest Ma Parvati and all her relatives went in a state of shock. Ma Parvati then took the Swaroop of Maa Chandraghanta and told Lord Shiva to appear in the marriage as a charming prince, to protect her family from embarrassment.
Significance of Ma Chandraghanta puja
- The 3rd day of Navratri is worshipped by the devotees by the name of Maa Chandraghanta. People worship her with full devotion throughout the day to attain her blessings. It is believed that the Goddess blesses the native with knowledge and internal strength. The one who has too many enemies or obstacles in life should worship Goddess Chandraghanta.
- The one who worships Goddess Chandraghanta is blessed with great knowledge and success. Ma Chandraghanta has a golden complexion. She has 10 arms and 3 eyes. She wears a garland of bells that horrifies demons. She wears a crescent moon on her forehead.
- This form Maa Chandraghanta is ready for war with all her arms and weapons. Problems are there in everyone’s life but fighting with them and finding solutions is the best thing one should do. It is believed that any Puja done for any cause in all these 9 days give highly auspicious results. Therefore, Book Online Navratri Puja from Indian Astrology and find solutions to different problems of your life.
Navratri 3rd day Puja
- For performing the Puja, One should firstly wash the idol of Goddess Chandraghanta. For bathing the idol, one will require milk, curd, sugar, honey, paan, and Supari. After the offerings, one should pray to his/her Navgrahas and Ishta Devata.
- Then offer Roli, Akshat, Sandalwood, and some flowers to the Goddess. After offering all these items keep some flowers in the hand pray to the Goddess while chanting these mantras. “ॐ देवी चन्द्रघण्टायै नमः॥” (Om Devi Chandraghantayai).
- Then, offer a garland to the Goddess Chandraghanta. One should make sure that this garland should be of bells as she wears bell-garland for horrifying all the spirits. Then, perform the aarti, offer sugar as a Bhog to the Goddess, and attain the blessings of the Ma Chandraghanta.
This Ma Chandraghanta Mantra should be recited at the time of the Puja by the devotees to seek the blessings of the Goddess.
“पिण्डज प्रवरारूढा चण्डकोपास्त्रकैर्युता। प्रसादं तनुते मह्यम् चन्द्रघण्टेति विश्रुता॥ ”
(Pindaja Pravararudha Chandakopastrakairyuta। Prasadam Tanute Mahyam Chandraghanteti Vishruta).
Ma Chandraghanta’s Strotra Path
आपदुध्दारिणी त्वंहि आद्या शक्तिः शुभपराम्।
आपदुध्दारिणी त्वंहि आद्या शक्तिः शुभपराम्।
अणिमादि सिद्धिदात्री चन्द्रघण्टे प्रणमाम्यहम्॥
चन्द्रमुखी इष्ट दात्री इष्टम् मन्त्र स्वरूपिणीम्।
धनदात्री, आनन्ददात्री चन्द्रघण्टे प्रणमाम्यहम्॥
नानारूपधारिणी इच्छामयी ऐश्वर्यदायिनीम्।
सौभाग्यारोग्यदायिनी चन्द्रघण्टे प्रणमाम्यहम्॥
Apaduddharini Tvamhi Adya Shaktih Shubhparam।
Animadi Siddhidatri Chandraghante Pranamamyaham॥
Chandramukhi Ishta Datri Ishtam Mantra Swarupinim।
Dhanadatri, Anandadatri Chandraghante Pranamamyaham॥ Nanarupadharini Ichchhamayi Aishwaryadayinim। Saubhagyarogyadayini Chandraghante Pranamamyaham॥
These nine days are considered highly auspicious where the devotees worship the different forms of Maa Durga. This Navratri, bring home a beautiful, divine symbol of the blessings of Goddess Durga. We highly recommend you to Book Navratri Durga Pooja for getting the desired life We highly recommend you to Book Navratri Durga Puja in these 9 days and make things better for yourself.
Indian Astrology wishes you Happy Sharad Navratri!
May every individual get blessings of Maa Chandraghanta on the 3rd day of Navratri 2019!