Shardiya Navratri 2019 Day 1: Goddess Shailputri & Ghat Sthapana
According to Indian Astrology, The 9 days of Navratri are considered as the most auspicious days of the Lunar calendar. These nine days are dedicated solely to Maa Durga (Goddess Durga) and her nine avatars or swaroops. Sharad Navratri is celebrated with fervor and zeal in northern and western parts of India. It’s a time for new beginnings and offerings one’s dedication and reverence to the Goddess Shakti. The Navratri brings home a beautiful divine symbol of the blessings of Goddess Laxmi herself. On the very 1st day of the Navratri, Goddess Maa Shilaputri Devi is worshipped.
At the time of Navratri, Goddess Durga is worshipped in nine forms. The 1st form of Goddess Durga, Maa Shailputri is worshipped by the devotees on the very 1st day of the Navratri. According to scriptures, Goddess Parvati took rebirth as the daughter of the King of Himalayas. Maa Shailputri is a Sanskrit name that means, the daughter of the Lord of Himalayas. Shila means the ‘Mountains’ and Putri means ‘Daughter’.
Date of the First Day of Navratri 2019: 29th September 2019.
According to the Indian Astrology, the Navratri will begin from 29th September 2019 (Sunday) and will continue till 7th October 2019 (Monday).
The story behind the 1st Day of Navratri:
Maa Bhagvati in her previous birth was the daughter of Daksha Prajapati and her name was Sati. She was married to Lord Shiva but in a ceremony organized by Daksha, she self-immolated in the yogic fire because she couldn’t bear the insult meted out to her husband by her father in the ceremony. When she was reborn, she embodied herself as Goddess Parvati, the daughter of the Parvat Raj Himalayas. Like her previous birth, she got married to Lord Shiva during this birth as well. From then only, she is the first and the most significant among the Nav Durgas worship during Navratris.
Book Online Navratri Pujan
How to perform Ma Shailputri Pujan:
- Place a Red cloth on the chowki, where you want to place Goddess Shailputri’s picture.
- Write “Sh” with Kesar on it, and also place Gutika there. Now take the red flowers in your hand and pray to Goddess Shailputri while chanting the following mantra.
- Om Aim Hreem Kleem Chamundaye Vichaye Om Shailputri Dewya Namah.
- While chanting the mantra, offer flowers to the Goddess and place them in front of the photo of the Goddess.
- After that, offer some home-made sweets as Bhog and chant the following mantra at least 108 times.
- “Om Shan Shailputri Dewya” (ओम शान शैलपुत्री दीया).
- After chanting the Mantra, pray to Goddess Shailputri with full concentration for attaining her blessings.
Significance of the 1st Day of Navratri:
This is a very important festival for all the true devotees. Many customs are performed by the people in all these 9 days. It is a very prominent festival in the Northern and Western parts of India. The people who live in these areas usually perform Garba (A form of dance to worship Ma Durga). People all around the country also observe fasts and eat only the Navratri Food. Some people only eat a proper vegetarian diet and even avoid using onion in their food. The 1st day is dedicated to Goddess Shilaputri, the Goddess of Muladhara Chakras or root Chakra. It is believed that by worshipping Goddess Shailputri one can get a life full of peace and harmony. It is also said that Ma Shailputri rules the Moon and it provides good fortune to all the devotees.
One should recite the following mantra while performing Maa Shailputri Pujan to attain the blessings of the Goddess Shailputri: “Om Devi Shailaputryai Namah” (ओम देवी शैलपुत्रायै नमः).
Book Nav Durga Puja
Every individual wish for a happy and peaceful life that is completely free from all the problems and hurdles. But there comes a time in the life of the natives when misfortune strikes, leaving his/her morale completely shattered and making their life utterly miserable. So, what one should do in order to get rid of all the problems? By performing Nav Durga puja that is the holy ritual of worship of the nine avatars/ incarnations of the Goddess Durga known as Nav Durga. This puja will be performed on the very first day of Navratri which marks the day of Maa Shailputri.
Book Online: 9 Day Durga Saptashati Path with Hawan
Benefits of Nav Durga Puja:
- By performing Nav Durga Puja an individual will be protected from all the enemies and bad thoughts.
- Nav Durga Puja blesses the person with mental peace and harmony in the family relations.
- Nav Durga Puja shields an individual from the malefic and negative energies, by creating a protective aura around him/her.
- This puja will bring an abundance of happiness and prosperity in the life of an individual.
Book Navratri Maha Hawan & Kanya puja:
This Hawan is held after the completion of nine days of Navratri so that the Devotees can get the blessings of Maa Durga. The completion of Navratri is never done without the Kanya puja ceremony as it will bring peace and success to the home of the individual. So, book now for favorable results.
These nine days mark special importance in the lives of the devotees of Ma Durga. You can book the Hawan and Pujas associated with Navratri from Indian Astrology as we offer you the best services.
Indian Astrology wishes you and your family a very Happy Navratri!