(13th September - 28th September 2019)
Shradh Puja marks an essential and most precious time for performing the ritual of Tarpan. Shradh Paksha is a highly important aspect of the Hindu culture that holds a key place in Vedic rituals. Performing Tarpan in Shradh Puja is a way of remembering, thanksgiving and honoring the ancestors for whatever they have given to the present generations. The period of Shradh is also known as Pitru Paksha or Pitru Pakshaya, Apara Paksha, etc. whereas, the word Pitras means “Ancestors” and Paksha means “A particular time”.
Every year, an important period of 15 days (Pitru Paksha or Shraadh) is dedicated to the ancestors or forefathers during which people perform special rituals for the well being of their late ancestors. Starting from Bhadrapada Purnima, Shraddh or Pitru Paksha ends on Ashwin Amavasya which is also known as Sarva Pitru Amavasya. Shradh occurs right before the Sharada Navaratri in autumn. Like every year, Shraddha will come again in 2019 with a great significance for our ancestors and for us.
Note: Shradh in 2019 will begin from 13th September, so you can Book Shradh Puja as per the Tithi you want to perform it on.
Significance of Shradh Puja
The special Shradh Puja at Indian Astrology will be performed under strict Vedic rituals so that the one can alleviate all his/her past bad karmas in order to get rid of Pitru Dosh from his/her kundali. In this period, Hindus pay special honor and tribute to their ancestors publically, through food offerings. According to Brahma Puran, Yamraj (Lord of Death) give freedom to all the souls on the eve of Krishna Paksha so that they can eat food which is offered to them by their children on the occasion of Shradh Puja. Special Poojas are performed and food is offered to Brahmin priests during the 15 days of Shrad. Those who passed away on Amavasya, Purnima, and Chaturdashi tithi for them the Amavasya Tithi Shraddha is done. A single Pitru Paksha Shrad puja is also enough to give tribute to all the deceased souls in the family The significance of Pitru Paksha can be best known from one of the biggest epics of all time Mahabharata.
Shradh Date 2019
Shradh Pitru Paksha 2019 will begin on 13th September 2019 and will end on 28th September 2019.
Benefits of performing Shradh Puja
If one performs the Shradh Puja, then it not only gives peace and contentment to his/her ancestors but also brings home incredible benefits in the life of that native.
- It enhances the spiritual aura around a person that wards off negative energies and blesses the native with peace and harmony.
- It bestows the native with financial prosperity and stability in terms of physical health & mental peace.
- One should not buy any property during the period of Shradh but a person who performs Shradh Puja is blessed with gains in property & vehicles in his/her life.
- Shradh Puja removes the malefic ill effects of certain planets from the business house of a native’s horoscope, thus resulting in consistent gains in business wealth.
- Shradh Puja plays a key role in pacifying the negative effects of an ill-placed Jupiter in one’s horoscope and gives success in career and more knowledge to the native.
- It is said that the blessings of departed souls that one gets after Shradh Puja, the native gets the blessings from his/her ancestors.
- Shradh Puja is also considered as one of the greatest remedies for a person suffering from Pitra Dosh in his/her Kundli.
The Shradh Puja procedure will include
- Tarpan Vidhi
- Bhog & Prasad
- 5 Important meal offerings will be made in the name of your ancestors
- गाय का भोजन (Food for Cows)
- ब्राह्मण का भोजन (Food for Brahmans)
- चीटियों का भोजन (Food for Ants)
- कौए का भोजन (Food for Crows)
- कुत्ते का भोजन (Food for Dogs)
- Sankalp in the name of the Ancestor
Pujan Samgri (Ingredients & Material) Used in the Shradh Puja
- Black Sesame Seeds (काला तिल)
- Barley (जौ)
- Rice (चावल)
- Poori Sabzi
Details Required for Shradh Puja
One should provide us with the below-mentioned details in the query box for performing the Shradh Puja.
- Your Name, Father’s Name, and Gotra
- The complete name of the person for whom you want to offer Shradh Puja, along with your relationship with them.
- Tithi/Date of death of the deceased
Shradh Puja by Indian Astrology
- Chanting of the Powerful Mantra for an appropriate number of times by brahmin priests to awaken the blessings from your ancestors in your life and get benefic results in all the tasks.
- The Shradh Puja will also eradicate the effects of the Pitru Dosh if present in one’s kundali.
- You will be able to watch this Puja being performed LIVE through a link provided to you by us. You can watch the Shradh Puja from the comfort of your home through a LIVE facility provided solely on Indian Astrology.
- There’s also an option available wherein you can choose to get the Prasad of the Puja delivered at your home.
One can Book Shradh Puja from Indian Astrology to receive choicest blessings from your ancestors along with some amazing offers. We highly recommend you Book a Pitra Dosh Puja to provide peace & contentment to your ancestors and get their auspicious blessings which are a must for living a prosperous, successful and blissful life.