According to Indian Astrology, the worship of Devi-Shakti is referred to as Vidya. After hundreds of saint practices, the worship of ten major Devis or Goddess is called Dasha Mahavidya. It is said that the individual who worships or performs this auspicious puja with full sincerity and faith can get ample of benefits in life. In this puja, devotees worship to Goddess Parvati as she showers her blessings on the lives of the devotees. Dasha Mahavidya is also termed as ten great knowledge or wisdom, thus each form of the goddess represents knowledge. As per Hindu Mythology, Goddess Parvati has a slight disagreement with his husband Lord Shiva, after which she reveals all her ten forms to him. From then it is marked as a momentous event in Hindu religion and the individuals start worshiping the sacred feminine branch of divinity.
Purpose of Dasha Mahavidya Puja
In Indian Astrology, the purpose of doing Dasha Mahavidya Puja is to seek blessings from the ten forms Goddess Parvati. By performing puja with full faith and sincerity one can feel stability in life. This Puja rids off all the malefic effects of planets from the individual life and brings peace. The worshiping of Dasamahavidya puja is mainly done for destroying negative tendencies. This highly effective puja is very beneficial for the individuals who are having problems related to court as it helps in attaining victory in court cases. It also enhances the wealth-power of the native and brings harmony in life. The puja also safeguards the native from all the ill effects of the black magic and negative energies.
The 10 forms of Goddess in the Dasha Mahavidya
The ten forms of Goddess Parvati that are worshiped in the holy Dasha Mahavidya puja are given below
1. Kali Maa: The fearsome Goddess of destruction.
2. Tara: The Goddess of sympathy and stability.
3. Tripurasundari or Shodashi: The Goddess of achievement and wealth.
4. Bhuvaneshwari: The Goddess commands the cosmos and is accorded as the root of the creation of the universe.
5. Bhairavi: She is considered as the most aggressive form of Goddess Parvati as she represents the power of Kundalini.
6. Chinnamasta: The decapitated goddess, who showcases the power of transformation.
7. Dhumavati: The widowed Goddess who has supernatural powers.
8. Baglamukhi: This Goddess is well known for black magic and obscure powers, she holds the power to cast off all evil.
9. Matangi: The violent form of Maa Parvati as she rules over a person’s sensory organs.
10. Kamalatmika or Kamala: The mighty and beautiful Goddess who opens the heart and eyes to beautify the earth.
As per Indian Astrology, the Dasa Mahavidya have been divided into two sub-categories, one with the kind goddesses and another with fierce and violent forms of Kali. The Dasha Mahavidya Puja starts with Kali puja. This puja ends with Goddess Kamalatmika, who opens up our heart to see the world with greater intensity and love. The Das Mahavidya form of Goddess Parvati has been linked to Tantric and supernatural energies from immemorial time.
Benefits of Dasha Mahavidya Puja:
- One can seek the blessings from all the 10 forms of Goddesses that represent Cosmic Wisdom.
- It provides the devotee with a great sense of judgment and opens his/her mind to newer ventures.
- The Puja has tantric levels, that creates a harmonious balance between the inner conscience and outer persona.
- The blessings of Das Mahavidya provides a plethora of benefits in the native’s life.
- It is considered as a prominent Puja for those individuals who seek affluence in life.
- Dasha Mahavidya protects the native against all odds as it consists of the grace of all 10 forms of cosmic wisdom.
- The puja is highly Advised for those individuals who suffer from low self-esteem.
- This Puja is highly beneficial to the native in addressing the factors that are responsible for the overall personality and enhancing them for the better.
- Pooja prevents native from all the negative energies that are present around him/her.
Puja Vidhi of Dasha Mahavidya:
To seek the blessing from all the ten forms of Goddess, one must follow the Puja Vidhi with full faith and sincerity. The proper Puja Vidhi is given below
- The Dasha Mahavidya Puja will include the (recitation) of Dasha Mahavidya Mantra which should be done by highly learned Brahmins.
- This Puja will bestow the devotee with blessings from all 10 forms of Maha Shakti or goddess Parvati.
- The Dasha Mahavidya Puja can be also performed online. The puja will be performed by taking the name of the person and video recording will be provided to you.