Jawaharlal Nehru (1889-1964 C.E.) was the first Prime Minister of Independent India. He is known for his affection for Children. Hence his birth date i.e. November 14 is celebrated as Children's Day. Children's Day is also known as Bal Divas.
The birthday of Chacha Nehru, a great Indian leader, is celebrated as Children’s Day. He worked great for the well-being of children as well as youngsters after the independence of India. He worked so much for the education, progress and welfare of the children of India. He was very affectionate towards children and became famous as Chacha Nehru among them. For the progress and development of the youth of India, he had established various educational institutions such as Indian Institutes of Technology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences and Indian Institutes of Management.
He made a five year plan which includes free primary education, free meals including milk to the school children in order to prevent children from malnutrition in India. The deep love and fervor Chacha Nehru towards the children is the big reason of celebrating the Children’s Day at his birthday anniversary.
The childhood is the great moments in the life of everybody which should be necessarily given a right track to become successful in the future as an asset of the country. Without the right track they may miss living a good life. This can be done only by giving a right education, care and way to progress.
How to Celebrate
Children’s day (also known as Bal Divas) in India is celebrated every year on 14th of November to increase the awareness of people towards the rights, care and education of children. Children are the key of success and development of the country as they would lead their country in different and new technological way. They are adorable and shine same like the precious pearls. Children are the God gifts to their parents by the almighty. They are innocent, admirable, pure and loved by everyone.
14th of November (birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru) has been set to celebrate as children’s day all over the India. 14th of November is the birth date of the first Indian prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. He became the prime minister of India just after the independence of India. The Children’s Day is celebrated every year to let the people specially parents aware about the importance of celebrating this day.
- Children are distributed gifts and chocolates.
- Varieties of competitions are organized like fancy dress, debates, speech related to the freedom fighters, country, storytelling and quizzes.
- Cultural and social programs like singing, dancing and entertaining with other musical instruments.
- Orphan children can be entertained by distributing the clothes, toys, musical instruments, stationery, books, and etc.
- Organizing some programs related to the freedom fighters.
- Organizing some game activities including puzzle, sweet and sugar treasure hunt and etc.
- Underprivileged children are entertained by organizing musical programs by famous musician and speech on health, care and progress.