The placement of all planets between Rahu and Ketu results in the formation of Kalsarp Yoga. If the order of their placement is from Rahu to Ketu it is Ascending Kalsarp Yoga and when it is opposite i.e. from Ketu to Rahu it is Descending Kalsarp Yoga.
The placement of Rahu in different houses results in the formation of 12 types of Kalsarp Yogas. The results of these Kalsarp Yogas are dependent on the houses where Rahu and Ketu are placed. To understand Kalsarp Yoga it is inevitably essential to understand what are Rahu and Ketu. Following facts shall make this understand –
Earth revolves around Sun on an astral plain. Moon also revolves around Earth on plain only. But this is on an angle from the plain of Earth. Both these plains cross each other on a line. From one point on this line the Moon goes up and it comes down from the other point. Both these points have been given the name of Rahu and Ketu respectively.
When Sun, Moon, Rahu and Ketu all are in one line it results in the formation of solar or lunar eclipse. When all the planets transit through one side of axis of Rahu and Ketu, Kalsarp Yoga is formed.
This yoga is formed only when Jupiter and Saturn also come to the one side along with all other planets. In addition to Rahu and Ketu only Jupiter and Saturn are considered as slow moving planets, therefore Saturn and Jupiter’s transit into one side becomes the prime reason of formation of this yoga. Sun, Mercury and Venus remain together most of the time. Moon is fast moving planet, therefore in addition to Jupiter and Saturn, one more important planet for making / not making Kalsarp yoga is Mars.
Here is a list of periods of Kalsarp Yoga formation from 2000 to 2040.
|21.02.2000 - 11.07.2000|| Ascending ||08.07.2002 - 24.11.2002|| Descending |
|26.05.2004 - 15.10.2004|| Descending ||09.07.2005 - 15.08.2005 || Descending |
|11.08.2008 - 16.12.2008|| Ascending ||13.05.2013 - 10.09.2013|| Ascending |
|05.09.2016 - 26.12.2016|| Descending ||15.09.2017 - 01.02.2018|| Descending |
|12.08.2018 - 20.09.2018|| Descending ||25.02.2020 - 24.05.2020|| Ascending |
|01.01.2021 - 26.03.2021|| Ascending ||17.12.2021 - 23.04.2022|| Ascending |
|28.04.2025 - 22.07.2025|| Descending ||23.03.2026 - 11.07.2026|| Descending |
|06.05.2034 - 01.08.2034|| Ascending ||17.06.2035 - 09.08.2035|| Ascending |
|02.03.2036 - 04.07.2036|| Ascending ||29.07.2038 - 12.12.2038|| Descending |
|30.08.2039 - 05.12.2039|| Descending |
Some important facts related to Kalsarp Yoga are as follows –
- Kalsarp Yoga does not remain for more than 6 months because of Sun’s motion.
- During these 6 months also it remains there for 2 weeks only in each month because of the motion of Moon.
- Kalsarp Yoga does not get created every year. Sometimes it does not get formed for several years together.
- Kalsarp Yoga initially takes ascending form 2-3 times and after that descending form 2-3 times and then ascending again.
- Rahu takes 7 years and 2 months again to come closer to Jupiter therefore ascending and descending Kalsarp Yogas are also formed in a cycle of about 7 years.
- For the accurate calculation of Kalsarp Yoga see the degrees of other planets from the degrees of Rahu and Ketu. In ascending Kalsarp Yoga the degrees of other planets should be less than Rahu and more than Ketu and in descending the same shall be opposite.
- In Astronomy the difference between ascending and descending Kalsarp Yoga is only the different position of planets from Rahu. Therefore, the impacts of both types of yogas are almost similar. In Kalsarp Yoga the concentration of planets towards one side increases their impact on this side and this imbalance results into earthquakes etc. During this type of planetary position there remains distress in the minds of people and probability of war also increases.
- During Kalsarp Yoga all visible planets come towards one side because of which there remains stretch and strain on one side of earth and as a result of that flood tides and ebb tides into the sea come with high speed.
- Kalsarp yoga was not there in 2006 and 2007 because of which earth quakes were also lesser in 2006-2007 as compared to 2004-2005. In 2008 it exists from August to December.
- According to one survey the number of normal pregnancies get reduced during Kalsarp Yoga.
- This yoga should not be misunderstood as RahuKal. This yoga is a specific position of planets in sky whereas Rahu Kal is one eighth part of day the duration of which is one and half hour. During RahuKal any auspicious work should not be started and it is also treated as a part of electional astrology (Muhoorat). Rahu Kal does not have any connection with the horoscope of native whereas Kalsarp Yoga causes an impact on the horoscope of a person. It has been seen clearly on earth and lives of people.
Discussions like the lack of description of this Yoga in classics are hot. Classical authors have written about Sarp Yoga only. Here I would like to say that several yogas have not been listed in old texts. We bring new yogas in use with our experience and research. Research is the integral part of life. If the noticeable impact of a yoga is there, it should be brought into use definitely.
To conclude Kalsarp yoga brings lots of upheaval on earth and it makes the native very impressive although he has to go through a lot of struggle in his life. Remedies are recommended only to reduce the trouble of hard work. Generally the results of Kalsarp Yoga are auspicious for the native.