Performed to get rid of all negativity from one’s life, the Holika Dahan Puja helps an individual to overcome all hurdles. Every single person is surrounded by one or the other problem these days. Life is full of miseries and stress. These problems might make us weak, disheartened, and lost. Indian Astrology’s Holika Dahan Puja aims to solve these issues with potential solutions that promote positive vibrations around you.
Holi is a festival of colors and it represents warmth and love in the lives of people. You must forget about all your worries and pledge to live your life in the colors of peace, kinship, success, and your devotion to almighty. You must pledge to burn all the negativity and stress this Holi, which is hampering with your happiness.
Holika Dahan in 2020 will be celebrated on 09th March 2020.
Muhurat for Holika Dahan in 2020
Holika Dahan Date: 09th March 2020
Holika Dahan Muhurta: 06:26 p.m. to 08:52 p.m.
Duration of Holi Muhurat: 2 hours 26 minutes
Rangwali Holi date: 10th March 2020
The Holika Dahan Puja which happens a day prior to the actual celebration with colors aims to help one get rid of all negativity from their life. The festival of Holi is related to a legend which adds to the essence of Holi, and that is the major reason why Holika Dahan is celebrated. It is believed that all the unholy and sinful things that stop one from leading their life in the desired way are burned during the festival of Holika Dahan. When performed with complete devotion, the Holika Dahan Puja can brighten the devotee’s life with the blessings from Lord Vishnu.
Significance of Holi
The significance of Holi is related to the story of Holi Puja. The legend is circled around Lord Vishnu and King Hiranyakashyap, and it displays the idea of the victory of good over evil. The festival cherishes and remembers the time of Prahlad’s victory, summarising good is always above all the hatred & negativity. Lord Vishnu’s disciple over Holika’s (King Hiranyakashyap’s sister) evil intentions. This legend is recognized as the story of Holika Dahan.
This festival is celebrated throughout the country by burning a pyre to honor the ritual of Holika Dahan. This is celebrated a night before the festivals of colors, Rangwali Holi. It is believed that if a person performs the ritual of Holika Dahan with all rites and rituals, he/she is able to achieve all his tasks by casting out evil from his life with Lord Vishnu’s blessings.
It is considered that eight days prior to Holi, the positioning of the planets are in a way, that it releases negative impacts on the lives of people. This period is considered to be highly inauspicious, and it is believed that nothing good occurs during this time, and no good task can be accomplished during this time. This period is called Hola Shatak. The negativity around surroundings, during this time, is really high. The negativity during this time affects a person really easily, and one must focus on not doing anything inauspicious during this time.
Benefits of Holika Dahan Puja
Holika Dahan Puja is performed on the previous day of celebration with colors. The Puja is performed by a well experienced and learned Pandit. He performs this Puja under your name, and you get the following benefits of the Holika Dahan Puja:
- This special Puja is performed to please Lord Vishnu so that he ensures his blessings on the native.
- A positive atmosphere is created around the native, and it attracts beneficial results for the native for whom the Holika Dahan Puja was performed.
- It ensures peace, calm, and contentment in native’s life by destroying all the negativity and problems of his/her life.
- The natives are protected from the effects of any evil eye or ill-omens that would create a problem in one’s life and ensure positivity around them.
- This Puja eradicated all the evil and negative vibrations that latch into the individual during the period of eight days of Holashatak.
- Married women are expected to receive a lot of benefits from the Puja of Holika Dahan. It safeguards their husband’s health and grants them a long and prosperous life.
- It safeguards the natives against any sort of fraud or betrayal by anyone.
- It safeguards the interest of natives from all sorts of negativity and surrounds them with positivity.
Holika Dahan Puja by Indian Astrology includes the following things:
- The Holika Dahan Puja would include the chanting of Rakshoghna Mantra of Rig Veda to ward off any evil spirit or energy latching onto you.
- An effigy of Holika and Prahlad would be set ablaze on a pyre to commemorate the original legend behind Holika Dahan.
- The Holika Dahan Puja would be done in your name, and you can watch the Holi special puja LIVE in the comfort of your home.