Dialogue on Planetary Combinations for Wealth
Man or woman runs after money to have it with an imagination to be happy with his kith and kin. The ancient science of delineation of human future so designated the houses of the 7th and 2nd in a horoscope as Prabal Maraka i.e serious death inflicter. It means constant or over activities related to the matter of 7th house i.e. house of connection with opposite sex, marriage, business etc. and the 2nd house of cash, ornaments, movable properties, kith and kin, bank balance etc. reduce longevity.
If any person makes study and research will find that a perfect 'sanyasi', who has no attachment to sex, money and society, lives in an isolated place makes regular prayer to God with his free will lives longer as in the horoscope of a sanyasi there is less activity in the houses of wealth, family and marriage.
Astrologically there are many indications as to whether one person will become rich or not. Mostly they revolve round the 2nd and 11th houses in a horoscope.
General astrological aphorism is that if the 2nd and/or 11th house is/are occupied by a benefic planet/planets or its ruler or their lords, the owner of such planetary configuration becomes rich. This maxim is well suited in many cases. These houses are counted from the ascendant, which is based upon the birth time and birth place of the native.
As for example the horoscope of late Dhirubhai Ambani, the noted industrialist of north - west India is presented here. As per his date of birth, time and place of birth his ascendant was Sagittarius. His 2nd house was occupied by 2nd house lord Saturn. This position gave him wealth. His birth chart was as follows :
Dhirubhai Ambani lived in his life on gold mine as per his birth chart 2nd house played most significant role in the matter of money as stated above.
Astrologers get frustrated seeing no connection with those houses by the favourable planets or the lord of the 2nd house or the 11th house in their birth horoscopes. Some people know the birth dates, but not aware of their exact birth time and place with which ascendant sign is determined. Non-determination of the ascendant causes failure to ascertain the exact 2nd house : house of finance, movable properties, and the house of gain i.e. 11th house.
Beginners of astrology need not worry. There are several rules in Indian astrology that show whether one person becomes rich man or not.
A few of them are quoted below :
- Any person born at mid day or mid night, becomes wealthy man.
- If lagna lord, 2nd lord and 11th lord are together in an auspicious house and one of these 3 planets is exalted or Vargottami in that case this person becomes very rich.
- If 'atma karaka' planet (which gets highest degree in a sign in the zodiac) is posited in a good or benefic sign and 'navamamsa', then the owner or native of such horoscope becomes rich. Here ascendant does not play any significant role. So not knowing the correct birth time or taking birth at north or south pole does not cause any hindrance to ascertain the financial position of any person. Holding highest degree by a planet in any sign is the key. It determines 'Karaka Navamansa' rasi or sign. It acts like a new ascendant keeping all planets intact in the horoscope. This system is well dealt in the Indian classical astrological books, especially Parasari Hora and Jaimini Sutra.
Let us see how far it works. For example the Karakamsha horoscope of sir Muda Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah, The Sultan of Brunei, who was born on July 15, 1946 is drawn below. As his birth time was not known, so no ascendant is depicted here. Sun holding highest degrees is in Vargottama.
- If 9th lord is exalted or in Mooltrikona and is in kendra from lagna. It is known as Laxmi yoga.
- If 2nd lord, 11th lord and 9th lord are in kendra from lagna and Moon sign and Jupiter is owner of 2nd, 5th or 11th house and occupies kendra then it is also a powerful Laxmi yoga.
- Benefic planets in 11th house from Arudha lagna bring lot of wealth.
- If Navamsha lord of 9th lord is in conjunction with Jupiter in 2nd house the native enjoys royal comforts.
- If benefic planets are placed in 3rd, 6th, 10th and 11th the native becomes rich.
- Sun, Moon conjunction in lagna is known as Akhand Laxmi Yoga.
- A generalisation about monetary gain is described by Sage Ramanuja in his famous creation Bhavartha Ratanakara -
धनेषे पंचमस्थे च पंचमेषौ धने यदि।
धनपे लाभगे वापि लाभेषो धनगो यदि।।
पंचमेषो पंचमे वा भाग्ये भाग्याधिपो यदि।
विषेष धन योगाः चेत्याहुर्जातको विदा।।
“Should there be an exchange between the lords of 2nd house (wealth) and 5th house (a trine) or an exchange between the lords of 2nd (wealth) and 11th house (gain) or an exchange between the lords of 5th and 9th houses (both trine), the native earns a lot of wealth.” Although all these houses are auspicious for earnings and accumulation of money yet this is to note that the exchange between the lords of 2nd and 9th houses has been ignored because there will be an antagonistic position of 6 and 8. Instead, exchange between the lords of 1st (ascendant) and 5th or 9th house (trines) is favourable for comforts of life and monetary gain.
Chart 1 of Sagittarius ascendant of industrialist Dhiru Bhai Ambani is a best example regarding the earning and accumulation of wealth as such the lord of 2nd (ie, Saturn) owns its house, lord of 5th occupies 9th, lord of 9th occupies 1st and lord of 1st occupies 10th house, a quadrant, an another auspicious place. This is an admirable chart as its strength triggered the native trimly from ground to high sky of name, fame and wealth.